This site (referred to as "Site" or "100pins.com", and including the URL 100pins.com and any other top level domains containing 100pins and belonging to LRR Technologies (Hyderabad) Pvt Ltd) is the responsibility of LRR Technologies (Hyderabad) Private Limited (referred to as "we", "100pins" or "us"). We want you to:
1. feel comfortable using our web sites
2. feel secure submitting information to us
3. contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on this Site
4. know that by using our sites you are consenting to the collection of certain data
WHAT INFORMATION IS, OR MAY BE, COLLECTED FROM YOU?
We may collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our Web server, including computer-identification information obtained from "cookies", sent to your browser from a web server, and stored in the memory of the device you are using to browse our web sites.
We may collect personal information when you register with our Site, when you use 100pins products or services (including lists maintained on 100pins.com by various individuals/organizations), when you visit 100pins pages or the pages of certain 100pins partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. 100pins may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register we ask for personal information that may include but is not restricted to, your name, photograph, email address, telephone numbers, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, place of work, industry, education, personal interests and financial information. When you register with our Site and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
100pins also collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we may offer.
We may also collect information about:
1. the type of device (e. g. computer, tablet PC, mobile phone) you are using
2. the type of web browser you are using
3. the location you are browsing from
4. the IP address assigned to the device you are browsing from
5. the domain server through which you access our service
6. the operating system on the device through which you access our service
7. other software and hardware attributes of any connection you make to our servers
8. the page you are requesting
8. the page that referred you to the page that you are requesting
WHO COLLECTS THE INFORMATION?
1. We may collect anonymous traffic information from you when you visit our Sites.
2. We may collect personally identifiable information about you as mentioned above.
3. People and organizations maintaining lists on 100pins.com may collect personally identifiable information about you, partly submitted by you when signing up for the list, and partly shared from your 100pins.com account.
4. Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information from their own assigned cookies to your browser.
5. The Site contains links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such web sites.
6. We may make chat rooms, forums, instant messengers, message boards, mailing lists and other services available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas may become public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when disclosing your personal information to anyone.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
We may use personal information, including information related to your past use of 100pins products and services, to:
1. customize the advertising and content you see, and messages you receive
2. tailor our sites to your interest
3. fulfill your requests for products and services
4. improve our services
5. get in touch with you when necessary
6. send you any promotional materials from our contest sponsors or advertisers (but not if you have opted not to receive such materials)
7. conduct research and direct our efforts for product improvement, and
8. provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Generally, we use anonymous traffic information to:
1. remind us of who you are in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service from both an advertising and an editorial perspective
2. recognize your access privileges to our web sites
3. track your entries in some of our promotions, sweepstakes and contests to indicate a player's progress through the promotion and to track entries, submissions, and status in prize drawings
4. make sure that you don't see the same ad repeatedly
5. help diagnose problems with our server
6. administer our web sites
7. track your session so that we can understand better how people use our sites
WITH WHOM WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED?
100pins does not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except (a) to provide products or services you've requested, (b) when we have your permission, or (c) under the following circumstances:
1. We may provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with 100pins under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help 100pins communicate with you about offers from 100pins and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
2. You have signed up for a list being maintained/administered on 100pins.com, as part of which you have shared certain data with the owner(s) of the list, some of that data also possibly being visible to other members of the list.
3. We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
100pins displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
1. 100pins does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
2. 100pins advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
We will not use your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a transaction with you. We share survey contact information with advertisers on an aggregate basis only.
WHAT CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION?
Supplying personally identifiable information is entirely voluntary. You are not required to register with us in order to use our Site. However, we offer some services only to visitors who do register.
You can edit most of your 100pins.com account information, including your marketing preferences and preferences for receiving emails, at any time. You can unsubscribe from most categories of messages by following instructions contained in the messages you receive. Upon request, we may stop your personally identifiable information from appearing on our Site. See contact information below.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the 100pins.com service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the newsletters, that are considered part of your 100pins.com account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
If we plan to use your personally identifiable information for any commercial purposes, we will notify you at the time we collect that information and allow you to opt out of having your information used for those purposes.
All our sites that are customizable require that you accept cookies. You also must accept cookies to register as someone for access to some of our services. For information on how to set your browser to alert you to cookies, or to reject cookies, go to http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/.
WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT INFORMATION FROM LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION?
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. For example, our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using this site, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of errant employees/staff or third parties.
IN WHAT WAYS CAN THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING WORK?
We may use Google and other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our web sites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements on this Site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser. 100pins lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
HOW CAN YOU CORRECT INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION?
To correct or update any information you have provided, our sites give you the following options:
Send an e-mail to webmaster at 100pins dot com
We reserve the right to change or update these policies at any time, effective immediately upon posting to this site.
Last updated on May 1, 2013.